Thursday, January 7, 2010

An Attack on My Senses

New York so far has been awe-inspiring, amazing, and has so far past my expectations, but, the one thing it has been most of all has been an attack on my senses.  During my walks around The City I have seen some of the tallest buildings and some of the weirdest people I have ever laid eyes on.   I have heard some of the strangest conversations and cannot go ten seconds without hearing the "friendly" honking of a nearby cab.  I have smelled some of the most delicious aromas and the scent of a homeless man relieving himself in the corner of the subway.  I have felt the awesomeness of a Broadway theatre seat and the hardness of one on the subway.  I have tasted the best burger and pizza I have had in my life.  I have not tried the sushi yet, but it is not a taste i am looking forward too.

Tonight, I had the privilege of experiencing my first Broadway show, an extreme sensual attack if there ever was one.  As my mind tries to register the smell of the herbal cigarette, the sounds of a gunshot and the sight of the actor on stage falling falling to his knees causes a sense overload in my brain.   "39 Steps" is the show that caused my brain to feel frightened, confused, and so utterly amused and happy all at the same time!  

Seeing my first show hear has really confirmed to me that acting IS what I want to do with my life.  Seeing the joyous and satisfied looks on the actors face during the curtain call and experiencing how much fun they were all having up there made me envious.  Here's hoping that some day, someone will be blogging about how I was a confirmation to them.

'Til Tomorrow
Jordan N.

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me every day Jordan Nilson!!! I, too love the aural attack of the city. You need to walk slow down Bleecker early in the morning...there is nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete