Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It has been WAY to long...

Guess who has been slacking on his blogging?? This guy, Jordan Robert Nilson. I am just a forgetful person and when i do finally remember that I need to blog, I am always somewhere that there is not a computer, like the Brooklyn Bridge. Well blog followers, I am not going to post what happened these last five days in separate post because, to be honest, I cannot be sure what happened on what days!! So this little blurb in the internet super highway will just sum up the awesomeness that I have experienced in the last five days...or atleast the things that I can remember.

So, January 14th was the wonderful day that we got to move out of our tiny little apartment into the wondrous new apartment. In cause I never told you guys, for two days we had to stay in a little apartment that was two bedrooms and a living area...that is it for all eight of us. Lets just say the space was a little packed. This new place though had three bedrooms, living room, and a full kitchen!! It was like paradise...we never wanted to leave and we were not going to all month but...

Morning of January 16th (Saturday), half of the group is gone to do New York Cares activities. All who are at the apartment are Teake, Jon, Haley, and myself. There is a knock at the door at about 11:30am. It is the cleaning people. They inform us that we must be out of that apartment by 2pm because someone is suppose to move in. Not a very big deal, we will just move back to the apartment on Charlton, but since we were not expecting a move, everyones crap is everywhere. We did the best job packing possible, but it was not pretty.

Mmkay, apartment drama over. Next adventure.

January 15th (Friday) just might be my favorite day so far on this glorious New York adventure. That afternoon, all of us decided to go and walk the Brooklyn Bridge and it was just beautiful. The light fell so perfectly on the backdrop of the city, it was just breathtaking. We went just as the sun was setting. Watching the sun set on the Brooklyn Bridge will not be a memory i soon forget. Walking that bridge is about a two mile walk, which felt amazing! During my walk, I decided that I need to start swimming at the YMCA, so keep me to it!!

After we walked the bridge, we went to find a place to eat. Kim suggested this little diner down the street so we decided to check it out. Best burger I ever had in my life! I swear I am having food-gasms at every single place we eat. I mean, this food was so delicious, it should be illegal. It was like a party in my mouth complete with pacifiers, glow sticks, and florescent paint. I am going to miss this food seriously when we head back to the Dakotas.

Later that evening a dream was fulfilled. Eric and I got tickets to see Wicked!! Oh my goodness, I was more excited then a those kids that use to win the Toys-R-Us shopping sprees. I was frikin ecstatic. We had front row...I repeat...front row tickets to the show!! The set was amazing. Every time the actors would sing I could feel my heart leap into throat. I just cannot even express the emotion I felt while watching that show. I was in complete awe every time something would happen. I found myself crying at the most random parts of the show. Not just because of what was happening, but because of what i was feeling and thinking about my future. To experience the emotion that everyone on stage, and I mean everyone, was emitting at all times was just so rewarding.

Just watching professionals on the stage has taught me so much about what I need to be doing. Everyone who is on that stage is fully committed to the part the are playing. Whether they are in the background or the main character, every single actor on that stage believes in the part that they are portraying and I can tell. If I can be like that, put my whole heart into my performance, put my whole being into what I am doing whilst on that stage, I just might have a chance to fulfill my dreams.

The days of Saturday and Sunday were pretty much filled with Jordan and the other guys enjoying the wondrous occasion that is NFL Playoff Football. Might sound boring, but it was awesome and I loved it.

Monday consisted of some lazing around for a little which got quite boring quite fast. So we went out adventuring with Kim the Bartling. We decided to hit up the Roosevelt Island Tram which was an interesting 4 minute (not 30 second) ride. Though it did take us awhile to arrive at the Tram station, but life is full of little adventures and thats what we love about it. We were going to go to the Chelsea Gallerias but they were all closed, sad day. We decided to split for dinner and reconvene later that evening for some sketch comedy.

The sketch comedy show was freaking hilarious!! That is what I want to do back at school and it will happen. Smart comedy is good comedy. That is the kind of writing that I want to do. That is the kind of laughter that I want to bring to people, that is the kind of feeling that I want to give people when they watch me perform.

Okie dokie, thats what I have at the moment bloggers...check back soon for more!!

'Til Tomorrow,
Jordan N.

No comments:

Post a Comment