Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dog poop and BFF's


Day 3 of the great New York adventure has come and passed. Not the most exciting of days so far but it still had its moments. After my wonderful Pop-Tart fueled breakfast, the five of us headed over to Kim's apartment to hear what we would be up to today. The verdict? Handing out fliers for The Women's Project's production of Smudge.

We split up into two teams. Kim, Eric, and Mariah took West Village while Jon, Teake, and myself tackled the East Village. I found it hilarious that a group of three guys were handing out fliers for a womens rights type of group, especially the 6'6 bass that is Jon. But we did it with dignity and pride, though the weather outside was quite chilly. As we were handing out these fliers to local businesses, I managed to step in dog doodoo not once, but twice. Once with each foot. I thought that that was a great metaphor on life, as soon as we finish wiping off the crap on one of our shoes, we step in it on the other it seems.

Well, after our wonderful East Village adventures, we met up with the other three and headed down to this Thai place in the Village that Kim highly recommended. As we turned the corner who do I see but my long lost computer buddy Miss Anne Wentworth!! It was so very very nice to hug and have her here finally! Oh, BTW, her bag JUST got here like at this VERY minute, I have never seen her so excited hahaha.

To get back on track here, the Thai place was closing down to clean the kitchen even though there was still bout fifteen minutes 'til four. Lets just say we were not happy campers and that that restaurant missed out on quite a hefty check. So we went to this pretty good chinese place just down the street and they allowed us to still get the lunch special even though it was a bout five minutes after four! Again, another life metaphor, when you can't find what you want where you are, there is a better opportunity waiting for you just down the street (just avoid the dog crap).

Well, after we ate, Anne, Kim, Haley, and I went to do some shopping at "The Housing Works". It was a very nice little shop that had some wonderful clothes and shoes and furniture very very cheap. I am talking like designer stuff here. I think Anne got a dress for like fifteen dollars that would normally have been over $200. Also, it is a place that is there to help people with AIDS. Wonderful wonderful place.

After shopping, Anne and I left Kim and Haley and headed to meet the others at MoMA (The Museum of Modern Art). It was amazing to say the least. I got to see some famous original Picasso's and also got to see some of the original drawings done by Mr. Tim Burton. It was a very neat experience, to say the least.

After MoMA, we headed back to the apartment and I crashed at like 10pm. It was so early but I was so tired, it had to bee done. That wrapped up day 3 of the New York Experience.

'Til Tomorrow,
Jordan N.

1 comment:

  1. Favorite MoMA piece? Inquiring minds are dying to know (yet another pop culture reference that your generation will not - sadly - know).

    I so enjoy your dop poop - Thai food metaphors. I am the queen of metaphors! I officially challenge you to a metaphor smackdown. Bring it on funny boy.

    ReplyDelete